This infographic outlines key statistics to help you understand how important the role of customer experience is for your business.
What is customer experience and why is it important?
This is the question many great professionals and academics have worked hard to answer.
In an article by Vala Afshar, he outlines customer experience statistics from Esteban Kolsky’s survey and research at thinkJar.
The list is packed with eye-opening insights.
For those who are visual learners, we created this infographic to highlight Kolsky’s insights.
The text below is originally posted on Vala Afshar’s article on The Huffington Post.
Kolsky shared 50 customer experience related stats based on his survey and other associated thinkJar research, strongly emphasizing the importance of customer experience – here are the highlights:
- 55% of consumers are willing to pay more for a guaranteed good experience.
- 86% of consumers are willing to pay more for an upgraded experience.
- 84% of consumers are frustrated when the agent does not have information.
- 13% tell 15 or more people if they’re unhappy. Conversely, 72% of consumers will share a positive experience with 6 or more people.
- 67% of consumers site bad experiences as reason for churn.
- 50% of customer experience natural occurring churn every 5 years.
- Only 1 out of 26 unhappy customers complain.
- 91% of unhappy customers who are non-complainers simply leave.
- It is 6-7X more expensive for companies to attract new customers than to keep existing customers.
- 65% of companies can successfully upsell or cross-sell to existing customers.
- Only 12% of companies can successfully upsell or cross-sell to new customers.
- 75% of brands do not know what engagement means – but are measuring “it”
- 66% of consumers who switched brands did so because of poor service
- 85% of customer churn due to poor service was preventable.
- 11% of customer churn good be prevented by simple company outreach.
- 67% of customer churn is preventable if the customer issue was resolved at the first engagement.
- 70% of companies that deliver best in class customer experience use customer feedback – versus industry average of 50%, and 29% for laggards.
- Customers are thirsty for more information and knowledge.
- 56% of customer just want the right answer, but 64% of customers do not trust the information.
- 44% of customers confirm that they have received the wrong answer.
Social customer survey results:
- 55% of customer requests for service on social media are not acknowledged.
- 84% of social media service interactions are escalated to other channels.
- 13% of companies claiming that 25% of service requests start socially.
- 72% of Facebook interactions are never completed, in any channel.
- 67% of escalated social interactional go back to channel of origin.
Community survey results:
- 36% of customer service organizations deployed communities in the past 12 months
- 84% of savings in cost per transaction fully completed in communities
- Number of communities / online communities in 2008: 12 / 4
- Number of communities / online communities in 2015: 46 / 24
- 67% of service interactions are easily replaced with community interactions
Omni-channel survey results:
- < 1% of companies deploying (deployed) omni-channel
- 97% of companies that say are investing in omni-channel
- 23% of companies doing multi-channel well
- 2% of companies doing cross channel tracking of data
- 67% of customers don’t care what channel is used
Mobile survey results:
- 59% of customers adopting mobile technologies worldwide
- 3% of global customers that express a preference for mobile
- 15% of companies reported success when not taking a mobile first approach
- < 1% of companies reported success with a mobile first strategy
- 29% global companies prefer mobile devices to computers
Customer journey mapping survey results:
- 34% of companies have undertaken CJM
- 2% of companies that have reported success with CJM
- 13% of customers who say CJM worked for them
- 72% of customers who said CJM missed their needs
- 67% of customers who expressed no interest in CJM being used
Engagement survey results:
- 58% of companies doing customer engagement (all definitions)
- < 1% of companies can measure customer engagement
- 91% of non-engaged customers leave with dissatisfaction
Knowledge management survey results:
- 78% of customers who expect to get an answer from self-service
- 84% of customers are frustrated when the service agent does not have information
About Unicom Teleservices
Unicom is not your typical answering and call center. Back in 1990, we founded Unicom with a simple formula for success. Fohttps://www.unicomcorp.com/industries/business-answering-services//cus on people; from our amazing team to our fantastic clients, they are at the center of everything we do. Over the years we have seen first-hand how a great experience can lead to powerful results. Learn how our 24-hour team can help your business reach its goals.